Had an experience with a bad boss?
Come to Jane Finch Action Against Poverty (JFAAP) meeting:
When: 6:00 pm; Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Where: 2nd Floor, Yorkgate Mall; Black Creek Community Health Centre
- · Find out more about the Workers’ Action Centre’s Stop Wage Theft campaign
- · Talk about actions JFAAP could take around bad bosses in our community
With a presentation from the Workers’ Action Centre
Many of us are not earning enough to live on. We face unfair conditions at work every day. Too many employers don’t pay us what we should be paid by law. Why is this allowed to happen? We deserve decent wages and fairness at work!
Our wages are stolen when:
- · We are not paid for all the hours that we work, or we are not paid at all
- · We are not paid minimum wage, overtime pay or for other legal rights
- · We are wrongly treated as independent contractors or self employed
- · We are charged a fee to get a job
When employers steal our wages and break the law – this is wage theft!
Wage theft is unfair, affects our families and communities and keeps us in poverty!
Check out http://www.workersactioncentre.org/stopwagetheft.html for info on the Stop Wage Theft campaign
Organized by Jane Finch Action Against Poverty (JFAAP) In partnership with Workers Action Centre
For more information, please contact email@example.com;