Tuesday Nov. 15, 6:00PM
Yorkgate Mall, Jane and Finch
Black Creek Health Centre
WHAT IS WAGE THEFT
Many of us are not earning enough to live on. We face unfair conditions at work every day. Too many employers don’t pay us what we should be paid by law. Why is this allowed to happen? We deserve decent wages and fairness at work!
Our wages are stolen when:
- We are not paid for all the hours that we work, or we are not paid at all
- We are not paid minimum wage, overtime pay or for other legal rights
- We are wrongly treated as independent contractors or self employed
- We are charged a fee to get a job
When employers steal our wages and break the law – this is wage theft!
Wage theft is unfair, affects our families and communities and keeps us in poverty!
HOW WE CAN STOP WAGE THEFT
We can stop wage theft when we work together. We have done it before! Many US states have passed Wage Theft laws. It can be done!!
TO STOP WAGE THEFT THE GOVERNMENT MUST:
- Make all employers follow the law in all workplaces
- Update labour laws to protect all workers
- Increase the minimum wage to bring workers out of poverty
- Ensure equal status and protection for all workers regardless of immigration status
For more detailed information Come tou the clinic or call 416-531-0778 x 221
Workers’ Action Centre